I Must Confess...

I Must Confess...

It's Sunday, so a good day for a confession...

My confession is that the only reason I go to the gym is for the shower. That sounds a tad creepy. It's not like the mildew tiles and luke warm water are the things dreams are made of, but, it's a quiet shower.

At home it's not so quiet. Two kids, two corners to the shower curtain. It's an entire process.



Parenting Confessions
Step 1. Apply towels along the floor to catch water that is bound to splash every where. If you have kids, shower curtains really are pointless.

Step 2. Attempt to find a cartoon that will hold their attention for at least 15 minutes. When you have a little man who is fascinated with buttons this proves much more difficult than it sounds.

Step 3. Pray to God you can get the shampoo out of your hair before the chaos begins.



Showers at the gym don't require any of this. They don't require me to burn my eyes with chemicals while playing peek-a-boo. They don't result in me cutting myself with a razor as a child dives nose first into the water. And my favorite part? They are commentary free.

Livia, my oldest, is the princess of commentary. My own personal occupational therapist. She often struggles with tip of tongue, but, she gets it done. While singing none the less. I have tried to explain to her that I am the only one allowed to sing in my showers. That has yet to click.

L: Mom....mom.....mom.....MOM
Me: yeah?
L: Mom....mom....mom...
Me: Yes Livia?
L: MOM.....but, no-no-no, but....

Repeat that by 10.

Me: What Livia?
L: Don't forget your soap between your toes. 

Every shower. Every step. And if I am lucky it isn't an echo day.

(echo days are when every word is sung about three times, "don't don't don't forget get get your your your soap soap soapy between tween tween your toes")....

So yes, I greatly covet the gym shower.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...